Month 2 of my participation in Foodie Penpals = another delicious success. I continue to be so impressed with this program that Lindsay cooked up. It really makes the world seem like a small, friendly, yummy place… the kind of place where strangers send each other gifts and then are no longer strangers. I stand by last month’s proclamation: it’s an adorable program.
This month, I got an amazing package from Jen, a reader in West Virginia. Here’s what was contained in this goodie box:
- Black Rice, which is new to me entirely. Jen included one of her favorite recipes using the rice- I’m pretty excited to try it out.
- Flax Meal: Such a great addition to my green monster smoothies. (My current concoction of choice: kale + half a frozen banana + 1/3 cup frozen berries + vanilla Sun Warrior powder + almond milk + flax meal. YUM! Literally want it for every meal.)
- 2 flavors of nut butter: chocolate hazelnut and maple almond. These also made it into green monster variation. So good it felt like cheating.
- Back to Nature granola: great for snacking straight, or as a topping on sorbet/froyo.
- Dark chocolate golden hearts from Jen’s favorite chocolate place (Romolo Chocolates) in her hometown of Erie, PA. I stashed a handful of these in my desk drawer at work, and they make for the most decadent mid afternoon pick-me-up. Perfect for those times when a bar just isn’t gonna cut it.
- And my favorite item of the lot, Fruit Nuggets. When I opened my foodie penpals box and saw this treat I caught a serious wave of nostalgia, since I used to get these as a kid when my family took trips to the local orange grove to pick up oranges and grapefruits. (Great memories. I heart Florida.)
The candies, along with all the other goodies, were so much fun to receive. Thank you, Jen! If you’d like to join in on the Foodie Penpals fun next month, here are the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It is your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal.
- The spending limit is $15, and the box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE. You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!